Terms of Reference
The principal functions of the Standards Committee shall be:-
- To promote and maintain high standards of conduct by the Members of the Joint Authority.
- To assist Members of the Joint Authority to observe the Joint Authority's Code of Conduct.
The Standards Committee shall also have the following specific functions:-
- To advise the Joint Authority on the adoption or revision of a Code of Conduct.
- To monitor the operation of the Joint Authority's Code of Conduct.
- To advise, train (or arrange to train) Members of the Joint Authority on matters relating to the Joint Authority's Code of Conduct.
- To consider any matters relating to the Joint Authority's Members' Allowances Scheme.
- To ensure a replacement is sought should the post of an Independent Person become vacant.
- Other such functions as shall be determined by the Joint Authority from time to time.
In relation to complaints about member conduct, the Standards Committee shall have the following functions:-
- To receive and assess complaints in accordance with the Authority's procedure for considering complaints alleging a failure by a Member to comply with the Code of Conduct.
- To seek and have regard to the views of the Independent Person when investigating a complaint before making any decision on what action to take.
- To hold meetings at which a final decision on allegations in respect of Member conduct is made.
- Yvonne Crewe
- Monica Graham
- Imran Khan
- Gwen Lowe
- Vonnie Morgan
- Andrew Pinnock (Chair)
- Zameer Shah
- Independent Person (2 vacancies to be filled)
Link to Agendas and Minutes